3 Steps to Better Fall Health
The following are ways to keep your health going strong in order to enjoy all the fall activities that are in store this year, especially with Halloween right around the corner.
First, wash your hands frequently. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, you should be washing your hands:
- Before, during and after preparing food
- Before eating food
- Before and after caring for someone who is sick
- Before and after treating a cut or wound
- After using the restroom
- After changing diapers or cleaning up a child who has used the toilet
- After blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing
- After touching an animal, animal feed or animal waste
- After handling pet food or pet treats
- After touching garbage
Second, consider getting the flu vaccine
, if you haven’t already. Each year, hundreds of thousands of Americans are hospitalized due to complications from the flu. Getting an annual flu shot is the single best way to protect yourself from the flu.
Finally, you need to be sure you are getting quality sleep every night. Between work, school, afterschool activities, and now all the fall activities ahead, you need to make sure everyone in your family is getting to bed on time to help rest for the next day. Staying well-rested helps strengthen your immune system, protecting your body from illness.
Are you feeling a cold or the flu coming on? Stop by AFC Urgent Care Ooltewah for a checkup to help ensure your health is on track for a healthy and happy Halloween!