How Should I Care for My Skin? Not quite sure where to start when it comes to skin care? Start by wearing sunscreen on a daily basis. Even if you think that it is too cloudy for sunscreen, play it safe—you can get burned just as bad on cloudy days as you can on sunny days. And sunscreen isn’t the only way to take care of your skin.
Ways to Care for Skin
- Seek shade when possible.
- Wear protective clothing.
- Quit smoking.
- Eat a healthy diet full of lean protein, fruits and veggies.
- Shave carefully.
- Moisturize your skin.
- Avoid soaps that are harsh.
Am I At Risk for Skin Cancer?Skin cancer is the most common cancer in the United States. While one in every five Americans will be diagnosed with skin cancer by age 70, skin cancer is one of the most treatable cancers—if caught early. Therefore, it is important to seek medical attention if you notice any changes in your skin.
Skin Cancer Symptoms
- A shiny pink, red, pearly or translucent bump
- Lesions with raised borders that are crusted in the center
- Raised reddish patch of skin that may crust or itch
- Open sore that does not go away
- A raised growth with a rough surface